“Artlink” Mini Exhibition 「藝術筆友」小型展覽

Dear Saudi Arabia friends,
沙地阿拉伯筆友,

A joyful news to share to you:“Artlink” Mini Exhibition is now open to public! It is showcasing the art exchange between us!
一個高興的消息:我們這次的藝術交流,正在「藝術筆友」小型展覽展出中!

“Artlink” Mini Exhibition showcases our art creation and sharing based on the theme of “What we wear”. The artwork from you and our responses are included. The exhibition is held during 17th – 27th July, in the L7 Green Space, Jockey Club Creative Arts Centre.
「藝術筆友」小型展覽展示了我們這次就「我們的衣著」為主題的創作和交流成果,當中包括你們的作品和我們收到作品的回應。展覽展期由7月17-27日,於賽馬會創意藝術中心L7綠色空間舉行。

Hope the audience would like our works and know more about the cultures of Saudi Arabia and Hong Kong!
希望觀眾都喜歡我們的作品和認識更多我們兩地的文化!
Poster_Outline_2015-07-13_Eng_lower resolution

Friends from Hong Kong
香港筆友上

Received the Artwork from pen friends! 收到筆友的作品!

Dear Saudi Arabia friends,
親愛的沙地阿拉伯筆友,

Hello! We are happy to tell you we finished all our workshops last month!

你們好!我們的課堂已於上月完成了。

In the last lesson, we opened the parcel and received the artwork from you!
在最後一課,我們拆開了收到的郵件,看你們的作品!

CombinedIMG_2544

Besides looking at the artwork, we also learned some more about the traditional dress and residence of Saudi Arabia.
在看作品同時,我們知道了更多有關沙地阿拉伯的傳統衣著和居所。

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

saudi

After that, we responded to the artwork by different forms of art creation to present our thoughts.

接著,我們把對作品的想法以不同的創作方式表達,作為回應。

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

IMG_2704

IMG_2556

IMG_2557

IMG_2791

Thanks for the sharing!
謝謝你們的分享!

Apart from the artworks created at early stage, the rest of the artwork we hope to share to you, will be packed into a mailbox and delivered to you when the time of your summer vacation end. Hope you’ll enjoy the package!
除了早前已寄送的前期作品,裝著其他作品的包裹,將會配合在你們放完暑假後送達。希望你們喜歡!

This is such a good art exchange experience between us!
這次的藝術交流,真是一個很好的經驗!

IMG_2582

IMG_2502

IMG_2798

Let’s stay in touch!
保持聯絡!

Friends from Hong Kong
香港筆友上

Fashion Designer of paper dolls 紙偶服裝設計師

Dear Saudi Arabia friends,
親愛的沙地阿拉伯筆友,

Mentioned in the previous email, in response to the theme “What we wear”, we were excited to tell you we tried to design some fabulous and trendy clothing by our own.
早前和你們電郵談起,就著「我們的衣著」主題,我們嘗試了服裝設計,把心目中最喜歡、最潮流的衣著設計出來。

Beyond painted in sketches, we did the creation in a fun way. We imitated the classic toy when we were children: the Paper Dolls. With separate designed clothes and accessories, the paper dolls can carry different combinations, mix and match!
有趣的是,我們不僅將衣服畫於草圖上,更融合兒時的紙偶娃娃玩具概念,製作了紙偶娃娃,配搭不同設計的服裝和配件,可轉換百變的配搭!

What kind of toys do you like the most?
說起來,你們喜歡的玩具是什麼?

We grew up in 1970 to 1980, paper dolls is one of the favourite toys to us. Let us introduce it more to you!
成長於七十至八十年代,紙偶娃娃是我們童年時喜愛的玩具之一。我們希望向你們介紹一下!

1001-00315-001b7

Paper dolls are figures cut out of paper, with separate clothes that usually held onto the dolls by folding tabs. Paper dolls doesn’t cost much, which can be bought in bookstores or newspaper stores.
紙偶娃娃由紙製的人形娃娃和不同的衣服組成。每件衣服通常有搭位,方便繫在娃娃上。它的價錢便宜,一般在書店或報攤便可購買。

3-124080322ee09ca4fgw1eqzn6ibzmvj20g40c33zt
Usually in a paper doll set, there are around 8-10 clothes from uniforms, casual wear, pajamas and others.
一套紙偶娃娃,通常有八至十套不同服裝,可以是校服、便服、睡衣等等。

1406102728-2765585277_n

Before the art creation started, let us introduce how to make our own customized paper dolls and their clothes!
在開始創作前,讓我們先介紹怎樣動手製作紙偶娃娃!

Making Paper Dolls – Steps
製作紙偶娃娃步驟:

  • Paste the doll onto card paper to make it last longer.
    將人形貼於硬紙上,讓紙偶娃娃可保存得更久
  • Cut out the shape. Cut out the doll along the line using a cutter.
    沿著人形的界線,切割出來
  • Trace the body on a new paper.
    將人形繪印於另一張紙上
  • Draw the clothing items. Draw the clothing according to each other’s style.
    依自己的喜好,繪畫不同的時尚服裝
  • Draw tabs around the edge of the clothes.
    在衣服邊界加畫上搭位
  • Make as many outfits as you want. Cut out the clothing and accessories pieces.
    切割出所有設計的衣服和配件
  • Paper Dolls is finished! Try different combinations; mix and match.
    完成!嘗試不同的配搭,mix and match。

We would like to share our art creation now!
接著向你們分享我們的創作!
IMG_1488

繪圖

Being a fashion designer, we, the participants from Hong Kong Federation of Handicapped Youth Jockey Club Activity Center, design different clothes on papers.
來自香港傷殘青年協會賽馬會活動中心的我們,擔當起服裝設計師,設計和繪畫了不同的服裝。

IMG_2381
We did the paper doll figures and some part of clothes by cutting some model images from magazines.

我們於雜誌上裁剪模特兒的圖片,作為紙偶的人形或衣服的一部份。

IMG_1744

We used many kinds of art materials to make the Paper dolls’ clothes and accessories.
運用不同的材料,替紙偶娃娃製作不同的服裝和飾物。

IMG_2395
During the lessons, facilitator often invited us to share and discussed our ideas of design.

在課堂期間,導師經常引領我們分享和討論有關設計的想法。

IMG_2531

IMG_2565

Our unique Paper dolls are finished!
獨一無二的紙偶娃娃完成了!

By reviewing the clothes and accessories on Paper dolls, we are happy to share the stylish fashion with you all!
期望從設計紙偶娃娃不同的衣服和飾物,將我們對於時尚又潮流的衣著與你們分享!

Friends from Hong Kong
香港筆友上

Stylish fashion in the 1980s 八十年代的時尚衣著

Dear Saudi Arabia friends,
親愛的沙地阿拉伯筆友,

We have received your artwork! How amazing to get the parcel shipped from Saudi Arabia.
我們已收到你們寄來的作品了,初次收到從沙地阿拉伯遠道而來的郵件,十分興奮!

Pleasantly surprised, we are very enthusiastic about talking clothing with the theme “what we wear”!
就這次「我們的衣著」主題,意想不到,談起衣著也可以這般起勁!

Today we would like to introduce the stylish fashion in the 1980s of Hong Kong.
我們希望介紹香港八十年代的時尚衣著給你們。

Hong Kong has a colorful history of fashion, and we like the fashion of the 1980s the most! It represented a golden era which fashion enjoyed great diversity.
香港的時裝服飾歷史精彩多變,而我們最喜歡八十年代!那時是時裝最輝煌的年代,不同元素百花齊放。

Until now, the 1980s fashion elements can be found in today fashion trends and they still look brilliant!
時至今日,我們的衣著仍不時用上八十年代的潮流元素,現在看起來絕不落伍。

The 1980s fashion was related to all apparel and accessories that were bright and vivid. The daring and bold fashionistas of the 80s were typified by Hong Kong pop stars, especailly Anita Mui, she made her own style statement which marked her as a popular fashion icon in Hong Kong.
八十年代的服裝服飾,以鮮艷、浮誇、型格為主。不少當紅歌星的衣著打扮成為潮流指標,尤以梅艷芳最為人熟悉,她別具風格的衣著打扮,刻下不少潮流經典,廣受大眾歡迎,甚至模仿。

Let us introduce some of her fashion elements!
讓我們分享一下她的潮流衣著元素吧!

U843P28T3D615251F326DT20041230154818
Anita Mui. This look was created with flashy Indian sari fabric and exaggerated golden makeup.
梅艷芳。這造型中,她穿上具印度婦女莎麗特色的輕紗,配上臉部的誇張金色妝容。

704_844832_600434 1-150415140624U6
Loose tops with padded shoulders and layers of necklaces.
寬領上衣配厚墊膊,和多層次的頸鍊。

a0baf2d0-197c-4b29-99be-bb991fe29449 0809-00481-010b20
Anita Mui in androgynous outfits.
梅艷芳的中性打扮。

After reviewing the fashion of the 1980s, we, the participants from Po Leung Kuk 82 Hin Keng Centre, started our creation.We tried to make our own “stylish fashion in the 1980s”!
回顧了八十年代的時尚衣著,來自保良局八二顯徑中心的我們開始創作了。我們希望製作具八十年代特色的衣著!

80s
We took a look of the fashion of pop stars in 1980s.
我們開始前參考八十年代明星衣著相片。

IMG_2034
First, we printed different colours on the old clothes.
首先,在舊衣服印上繽紛的顏色。


IMG_2121IMG_2134
After that, we re-created the clothes by adding different 1980s fashion elements.
然後我們把衣服大改造,添上不同的八十年代潮流元素。

IMG_2071
Beyond clothes, we also made accessories for the outfits.
衣服以外,當然少不了製作飾物作點綴。


Wore our clothes, accessories and light cloths, we would like to share our stylish fashion in the 1980s in the form of walking on the runway!
穿上改造的服裝、配以飾物和輕紗,我們透過扮演模特兒走天橋的方式,把八十年代的時尚衣著與你們分享!

Friends from Hong Kong
香港筆友上